Monday, May 26, 2014

I Mustache You A Question and Celebrate

More Design Team projects using My Mind's Eye Market Street Nob Hill paper and embellishments.

When I saw some of the paper in this packet, I knew I had to scrap these photos of my friend's son getting his prom-posal.  The girl that asked him wrote on the outside of the gift bag, "I Mustache You a Question"

 This layout is based on Sketch by Susan Stringfellow for Basic Grey.  But it fit so perfectly with the journaling cards in the pack I got.


The chipboard pieces and brad are all from the MME line of embellishments.  I cut the I from Tim Holtz Alterations Vintage Market alpha die. 

The color flecks are using Ranger Distress Reinkers.  I put a drop on my Craft Mat, then dipped my water brush into the ink to water it down and then tapped the brush on my finger to get it to make the color flecks on the page.  The colors I used to match this line were Barn Door, Pine Needles, and Mustard Seed.

 The word bubble is from the MME 12x12 chipboard set.  It said "What does the fox say?" on it.  I covered it with one of the journaling cards, cut around it and sanded the edges.  The ? is cut from an old Lifestyle Crafts (Quickutz) alpha called Blossom Grand. I cut 4 out of thin black chipboard and one out of a black journaling card so the black matched.  Glued all the layers together and then then attached it to the word bubble.
I thought the hashtag pieces from the die cut pack were perfect!


Another project I made using this same line of paper and embellishments was a quick card.


I used two of the MME Market Street Nob Hill washi tapes from this line of paper and then sewed around it with metallic thread.  I added some Hazel and Ruby gold sequins as well.  The Picture Wheel die cute is a Tim Holtz die.  I sprited the wheel and card with gold perfect pearls in water for some sparkle.  Then I put some sequins in each square of the wheel.  The center is more of the washi tape on white paper then die cut with the Tim Holtz Award Ribbon die.  The sticker is from the MME Market Street Nob Hill sticker sheet.
There are some stickers inside from the sticker sheet as well that say Celebrate the Day.

1 comment:

blupixy said...

This page is so fun! Love how you customized the speech bubble and added the splatter of paint to match. Thanks for sharing!