Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Love is the Key

 THIS IS NOT MY DESIGN
The second layout for the monthly class I am taking was a Valentine theme using Authentique paper.  Seeing as we don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day, I didn't have any pictures to put on this.  So, I made reservations at the Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney's California Adventure park and DH and I went down during their True Love celebration.

 The key hanging is a very cute detail as are the heart pins.  I also loved the word search paper background.
 The rolled tops of the strips give some nice texture.  It was fun filling the little envelope at the side with lots of embellishments.
 We gave these die cut flowers some texture by spritzing them with water, crinkling, and then drying with a heat gun before we layered them.
 Here is a close-up of the little envelope filled with goodies.

It is so nice just to go and let someone else do the design work!  I get to just enjoy scrapping.  It's wonderful!!

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh this is totally fun and I love the cluster you made. Its nice to get to do some pink things now and then isn't it!