Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Celebration Round-up Big Thunder Mountain Ranch

This layout is also for the Disney Scrappers Veterans Weekend Challenges.  I did this layout a couple of years ago for my Disney Club.  I used some K& Co. paper .
This particular layout was for Veterans Weekend #5 - Map it!  You had to use a map on the page somehow.  I will explain my use of maps below.



We celebrated July 4th at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ Round-up in 2009.  Because it was the year of celebration,  after lunch they would bring a cupcake in a cone in their big celebration cupcake holder.  Very colorful and very fun!  We got the chocolate toffee cupcake.

On this side I have my journaling and a picture of the piano player.  They have a little singing going on during your meal and even get a little crowd participation too.

 This is one way that I used a map on my page.  I had to shrink down the front of the Celebrate Today! maps they had for the year.  Then I put it in a vellum pocket with some Mickey confetti that I made.  The Mickey shape with the Mark Twain was also punched from the map.
The title section has more Mickey confetti, and more Mickeys punched from the map, including the Big Thunder Ranch area on the ear.  The title on this page was made with Quickutz  Katie Grand.  

I added more map Mickeys around the journaling area.  And yes, I did make my flag ears!  ;-D

If you haven't yet, stop by Disney Scrappers and check out our Veterans Weekend Challenge -- it is open until Sunday, Nov. 18th!

1 comment:

blupixy said...

Talk about a blast from the past! Love how you used the map on this! What a creative use! Love the Mickey confetti too. Thanks for sharing!