Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring in Concord


I love Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird line. When I got it out and started looking at it, I just felt that it went so perfectly with these pictures of us at Louisa May Alcott 's Orchard House in Concord, Massachusetts. We got to visit here in October of 2009 and this is our visit in the spring of 2010. It was so beautiful and green!

For this layout I turned Susan's sketch #54 from Sketch Savvy into a two-pager. If you haven't done so already, please stop by her blog and check out all the wonderful sketches and inspiration!



I used canvas and Tim Holtz dies to cut the green label and the cream canvas flowers. I added a smaller crinoline flower to the center of the larger ones for some additional texture.


I also loved the little tiny type letters they have. They aren't something that I usually use, but I thought it would be a fun little thing to change up.


In the corner, I cut a limb and made more white blossoms to kind of mimic the dogwoods that were in bloom all along the walkway in front of Orchard House. We had never seen a dogwood and thought they were really beautiful!

Also, the flag marking the fire hydrant was shocking to me, as a native Californian. Does the snow really get THAT high?

3 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh what a great design! I love the way you stretched the sketch. But the canvas embellishments are my very favorite! Just so beautiful.

Bobbi said...

Love this layout!! It just jumped out at me when I opened your blog this morning.....makes me wish I had been able to be there.

Cindy said...

Wonderful layout and yes the snow does get that high LOL