Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Disneyland Railroad - E.P. Ripley

Yep, it's that time of the month again, time for the Graphic 45 page contest. This month we were to use papers from their Transatlantique paper line.


I had planned to use some pictures of us on the LA Steamers trains that go around Walt's Barn in Griffith Park but when I pulled them with the G45 paper I had stored them with, I realized that I had planned to use them with a different G45 line, so I had to find some other train pics with DH in them.

These are pictures from October 2008 when DH got tender passes for us to ride behind the engineers on the Disneyland Railroad. We got to ride on the E.P.Ripley engine. They answered all of DH's train and steam engine questions and showed him all about running the train. It was something we had never imagined we would get to do, so he was pretty thrilled about it. It was definitely a memorable trip.

I used all paper from Graphic 45's Transatlantique line and included a few metal items from the Tim Holtz Ideaology line. I included a few punched Mickeys and called it good.

It isn't what I had planned originally, but I'm so glad to have these scrapped and DH really likes the masculine feel it has. Can you believe I did a layout with no flowers?

2 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

LOL! I didn't even notice the lack of flowers. Love your page and I am totally jealous. Yes, I thought there were other papers in this collection too so it was hard but I like my page better now that its been a few days. Thanks for pushing me to do this page because I have been wanting to use my G45

Laurie Zeller said...

It's wonderful!! It's so hard NOT to use flowers, isn't it?? LOL!! I love these papers. Yes, I like the masculine feel of it. That is a hard thing to pull off and you did it beautifully. Excellent work, Tami!