Monday, March 1, 2021

I Never Explain Anything - Sizzix

The Park dies from Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 release sparked so many wonderful projects in my mind when I saw it as I'm sure it did for you. So you may wonder, with so many ideas, how do I decide what project to make? Sometimes I immediately know and I just go with it. Other times, as with this piece, I change directions a couple of times. I also had this Mary Poppins quote going through my head and it was very much how I was feeling at the time I was making it, so of course it needed to be prominent in the make.

Here is a clip of the quote that inspired this piece: 
I love that and I'm still totally feeling this quote. 
To begin this, I used two Framed Panels. One complete regular framed panel, and just the back panel from a Mini Framed Panel. I covered the mini panel with a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock lightly colored with Distress Spray Stain in Antique Linen and stamped here and there with the music from Music & Advert stamps.  I adhered it to the panel promotion of the Mini Framed Panel, sanded the edges and then inked them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
I have so black heavyweight 110lb smooth cardstock on hand, so I ran it through the 3D Floral Frame Impresslit, which embosses and cuts. Once it was cut, I rubbed a bit of Antique Linen Distress Crayon on the raised areas to make them stand out. I also put the female silhouette with a bit of the open umbrella in the frame. The background in the frame and of the larger panel were made by coloring Distress Mixed Media Heavystockwith Tattered Rose and a touch of Victorian Velvet Distress Inks.
You can see that I cut out several of the little butterflies from The Park and put them on the upper left and lower right corners of the frame. 
Here you can see the entire area we've been discussing. 
In this corner you can see that I painted the frame and the back of the panel with Black Soot Distress Paint.I covered the panel with a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock colored with Tattered Rose and a bit of Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. Then I cut out a few of the new Flowery background die from Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. Before attaching it to the rose background, I tore away one side to make it look like a torn piece was running along each side.
I applied the sentiment, which was cut from Alphanumeric Script, a very early alpha thinly from Tim Holtz that is still available. I felt this font had just the bit of feminine whimsy that I wanted for this sentiment.
 
Overall this is a very straightforward project. Nothing too difficult and It really allows for a change of font and sentiment to fit whatever quote you may be feeling at the moment. :-D

Thank you once again for stopping by. I'm always so grateful for your support.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Paula Cheney said...

I love this one, from the pretty soft pink to the 3D Impresslit! It is perfect in every way!