Wednesday, September 9, 2020

It's Behind me - Halloween Snarky Cats

 

 You know I love the Snarky Cats and the Halloween Snarky Cats were an instant favorite for me. For this cat I thought it would be funny to have him being chased by the bat and that's when I decided he needed to be paired with then new Sketch Manor stamps.

I stamped a cat on some of the 6" masking paper from Judikins and fussy cut it out. Then I stamped the cat on a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. I covered the cat stamp with the mask and began to build the forest and background with the stamps from Sketch Manor.
When I was finished stamping the background, I pulled the mask off and the piece was ready to watercolor with Distress Ink.
I watercolored the moon and let some of the warmth of the yellow Distress Inks flow out so that it seems to be shining.
I used three different blue colors of Distress Inks so that the farther away from the moon the sky was it would be darker. I used various Distress Inks in brown to color the trees and the dirt.
The very back ground paper was one of those pieces you are messing around with and decide it will make a good background. I stamped the entire piece of Heavystock with the sheet of Halloween Tiny Text stamps in place on the Index Card.
I embossed it with Distress Embossing Glaze in Hickory Smoke and then ironed it off on a scrap paper. Then colored the paper with Chipped Sapphire.
I stamped the bat from the Snarky Halloween Cats, fissy cut it out and adhered the bat so the wings stick out a little in flight. I also added a Halloween Token and some Halloween Trims twine, both from the Idea-ology line.

This was a fun card to create by pairing two of the new sets together. I hope it inspires you to look for some fun stamps to pair with the new Halloween Snarky Cats.

Tami

3 comments:

scrappergirl56 said...

Very cool, he is my fav from that set, a scaredy cat for sure...LOL...love how you colored around the moon and into the changing colors of the sky...love it!

sarascloset said...

Fantastic card for Halloween; not too scary, but so full of the fun of Halloween! Thank you for sharing your inspiration and talent!

Laura said...

Tami, this card is amazing! I love it! Your scene is so cool! And love how you used distress inks for watercoloring! I have to try this!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity! Hugs, Laura