Monday, April 13, 2020

Left Unsupervised -

If there is one thing you don't want to do, it's leave me unsupervised!

The Snarky Cats stamp set from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous has turned out to be a real favorite. When I started making cards I decided to use several of them because they reminded me of my foster cat, Moose (pictured below) and his antics.
The background is made by blending Distress Oxides through the Tangled stencil using Distress Blending Brushes. They give a soft color but allow for the thin tangled threads to show.
Here is my foster cat Moose. He is so expressive!
See? This one immediately came to mind when I saw the stamps.
To make my card I wanted it to be interactive, but don't own any interactive dies or products, so I kind of Macguyvered mine. I don't recommend my way. There are plenty of dies and tutorials on line to teach you the proper way to do a pull card. I've linked some of the dies and things below, and here is a cute slider card done the proper way by Nicole Spohr.
Sadly, I didn't even take a picture or video of the interactive elements of this card for some reason, but if you pull a tab at the bottom of the card, this kitty moves down and reveals claw marks down the wall.
My interactive element on this one was a wobble. I have a link below to some wobbles. They are fun and allow the fussy cut cat to wobble back and forth like he is ready to attack something.
This one had two interactive parts. He wobbles and slides upward. When you pull the tab at the top of the card, it reveals little marks indicating he is shooting up, and he wobbles in fear as he moves upward. I wanted it to seem like he saw something scary and freaked out and jumped up like cats do.
I've put off posting this card because I really didn't want to do a tutorial on the interactive elements that I Macguyvered. But hopefully it gave some of you actual card makers ideas for putting your stash of interactive goodies to work with these Snarky Cat Stamps.

Thanks you so much for checking in. I hope you have a wonderful week!
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to youThis helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4 comments:

Juli Riedel said...

Tami B, this is just too much fun! You are correct that Moose looks like a snarky cart! I love the coloring and that you made an interactive card! Fantastic job girlie! It makes me laugh!!

scrappergirl56 said...

Too funny how Moose looks like a Snarky Cat, was he a model for the designer????..LOL...

pamboe said...

Tami
I will make this card for sure!
The sentiment will be Climbing the Walls . . . so perfect for these days and days of isolation

Susanne said...

I love this card Tami, and I also love cats. And I think the Snarky cats are hilarious 😹. Love the colors on your card and the interactive things seems cool!