Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Hippity Hoppity Hello Spring - Stampers Anonymous

I know it is cold an snowy in many parts of the world, but Spring is just a round the corner, and this card welcomes it with a warm greeting using a new stamp set called Spring Shadows and a Layering Stencil called Scales.
To make the background on the tag, I washed the whole tag Distress Mixed Media tag with a bit of Victorian Velvet, Scattered Straw, and Bundled Sage. I tried to add barely any color so that the stamped images would stand out.
To make the background of the card, I turned the Scales layering stencil upside down and using Distress Blending Brushes, I blended Victorian Velvet, Scattered Straw, and Bundled Sage Distress Oxides all across the background. I was going for the look of rows and rows of Easter Eggs.  Once the stenciling was finished, I stamped the speckles stamp from the Spring Shadows set over the eggs in Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide.
On the tag, I then stamped the same speckles stamp over the background of the tag in Scattered Straw Distress Oxide. One rabbit stamped facing toward the center of the tag was stamped in Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide.
In the center of the tag I stamped the heart in Victorian Velvet Distress Oxide, the sentiments and leaves are stamped in Bundled Sage Distress Oxide. Then I stamped the flower on a scrap piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in Scattered Straw Distress Oxide and then I fussy cut it out and adhered it to the center of the heart.
I finished it off by stamping another rabbit that was also facing the center of the tag. It was also stamped in Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide.

This card is very easy to replicate for spring or Easter cards.

Thank you for stopping by. I am always grateful for the support!
Tami
I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog, the time, the ideas and tutorials I post here. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

No comments: