Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Celebrate the 4th - Tim Holtz Chapter 2 and 3

Just in time for the 4th of July here in the US, the 3-D Star Trim from Tim Holtz's Sizzix Chapter 3 release is available. I love this trim and have used it on several samples so far. On this card it is paired with several dies from Tim's Chapter 2 release.

I thought this Allium looking bloom from the Wildflower Stems 1 set seemed like a firework so I wanted to use it for a patriotic card and to make sure the blooms were vibrant and colorful like fireworks.
For this card I cut out the barrel shape from the Potted die using Distress Woodgrain paper colored with various brown Distress Inks. The bands are colored with Pumice Stone Oxide and then edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. to finish it off I aged two of the Ideaology Hardware Heads with a little Mushroom Alcohol Ink and added them to the bands.
I colored some Distress Heavystock paper with Pumice Oxide and Vintage Photo Distress Ink then ran it through the large 3-D Star Trim. I added that across the bottom with a piece of the Crochet trim. Then for the 4th, I just cut out the number 4 to keep it simple, out of the same Pumice colored paper as the star trim.
I embossed the background paper with the Tiny Star Texture Fade. Then I layered them all the pieces together to make a patriotic floral scene.

I hope you find a little inspiration from this patriotic card.
Tami

I am an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp and Scrapbook.com so the links below send you to one of those stores depending on which logo you choose.  If you wish to purchase something from either store and use one of my links below, I get a small percentage of your order, at no additional cost to you. This helps me to defray the costs of this blog and the ideas and tutorials I post here, and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous creation, so creative!! I have the Bigz pot die, thanks for the inspiration!

scrappergirl56 said...

Love the flowers, they do look like fireworks...LOL.