Monday, August 23, 2010

Freedom


My mom and sister came down this weekend and stayed with us. Mom and I were both taking different classes from Marion Smith at my LSS. So when we weren't in class, one or the other of us was working on various scrapbooking projects with my sister (who wasn't taking any of the classes.) Since she was working on finishing several of the mini albums we started together a few years ago, I decided to get out some old kits and get them put together.

This was an old Bo Bunny kit that I picked up at an LSS in Simi Valley a few years ago. I've been wanting to get it put together, but just never made the time to sit down and get it done. I changed the layout of the pages so I could get more photos on it and also didn't use most of the embellishments, stickers or words. I did use lots of Ranger Distress Inks though!


Me and DH at the family 4th this year, my family here at our house for the 4th in 2005,
and my sister's bird, Peep, who is a very patriotic love bird!


After Peep is a picture of me and DH in front of our favorite attraction at Disneyland,
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln on July 3, 2010,
and then a picture of us on Main Street USA on July 4, 2009.


And the last picture is of me in Boston with a costumed tour guide who happened to be playing my favorite American Revolutionary and Patriot, James Otis.


This will go perfectly on my mantle.
I keep my patriotic decor up until after Patriot's Day on September 11th.

2 comments:

Laurie Zeller said...

Super cute, Tami!! The picture of the birdie with the American flag made me giggle.

Susan Stringfellow said...

oh that is just too cute! Great decoration too.