Monday, May 17, 2010

Summertime Banner - Graphic 45

I woke up one Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago and had this banner in mind. I really wanted to use my QuicKutz banner die and the Graphic 45 On The Boardwalk paper. Unfortunately I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the time to make it. This last weekend I spent a good portion of the entire weekend at my LSS for their National Scrapbook Weekend Crop. So, I got everything cut and ready to go for the crop and put it together on Saturday.


Hopefully you can see some of the wonderful vintage beach tags and posters from some of the papers. I chalked the edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge (my new favorite!)

To see more details, click on the picture and it will get bigger.


I used more QuicKutz dies to make the scalloped circles on top of the fans, and the letters are QuicKutz Katie Grand.


I'm thinking about searching through the disaster I call my scraproom, and finding some tiny sea shells that I bought on my last vacation and adhering them to a few of the banners. Still undecided on that though.


This was a fun project (although it did get a bit tedious at times with all the scoring and inking!) and I'm so thankful for the weekend of cropping so I could get it done. That's one of the 102,593 projects I have planned that I can actually cross off the list! Woo hooooo!

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

omgosh how cute!!! You have got to post that at G45. I LOVE The yellow and teal